Monday, June 3, 2013

The Book Ends: May 2013

My month link-up that where I talk about all the books that I have read this month. 

May 2013

Goodreads Summary:  Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. What — or who — will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin? For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself — forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.

My Thoughts:  It was a little haunting and of course...
A CLEFT HANGER!!! Oh how I hate. Lucky me I have the fourth book.
Rating:  2 stars 


Goodreads Summary: Ethan awakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, he has only one goal: to find a way to return to Lena and the ones he loves. Back in Gatlin, Lena is making her own bargains for Ethan's return, vowing to do whatever it takes -- even if that means trusting old enemies or risking the lives of the family and friends Ethan left to protect. Worlds apart, Ethan and Lena must once again work together to rewrite their fate, in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series.

My Thoughts: I really liked the series but I was disappointed in the last book. It didn't seem worth it after readig three other books. You really could have skipped 1 or even 2. Find out why on GoodReads.

Rate: 2  Stars.




Goodreads Summary: A sweeping story told in letters, spanning two continents and two world wars, Jessica Brockmole’s atmospheric debut novel captures the indelible ways that people fall in love, and celebrates the power of the written word to stir the heart.


My Thoughts: **I received this from Goodreads contest.
To be honest, it's not my kind of book. It is a good read and I would recommend this to someone if it was in their realm of books. 
Find out more on Goodreads.



Rate: 5  Stars. (I rated it a 3 on goodreads but I realized how much I liked this. It plays in my head alot)
    ❤


Goodreads Summary: In this Christian allegory, sixteen-year-old Archibald Zwick is vacationing with his family on a remote island in the Bermuda archipelago.Taking his Kayak out, he is caught in freak storm. Suddenly, he comes upon a mysterious city inhabited by a strange but friendly people. Archie, however, wants only to return to his parents, something that the inhabitants of this mysterious city seem unable - or unwilling - to help him do. Instead, Archie becomes the center of a struggle that plunges the city into a deadly civil war, and he finds that his own fate is inextricably linked to that of his strange new world.

My Thoughts: **I received this book in thanks to the Author.*
I was surprised how good this book is. It was a little more detailed then I could handle but there was pictures so it really helped. I still play it over and over in my head. I am working my way through the workbook too.  If you get a chance, read it.
Rate: 4  Stars.

 ❤


CURRENTLY READING:


Summary: For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon. But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks. Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


Currently on page: FINISHED
(Since I finished this book yesterday, you will have to wail til next month to read my review or join me on GoodReads.)Cody Doll's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Looks like you read some good books. What is the series called that the first two are from? I like a good series every now and then.