That is until I received my book, a red Leuchtturm1917 journal. I was really excited to start working on it and I already had several events I wanted to include. Then as I worked and then worked some more, I realized that this book was not the book I had thought. In fact, it wasn’t for me at all. The pages just didn’t react the way I felt comfortable.
So far I see some great advances to using these:
- They are FREE, so pretty much that means a very very cheap project. My kinda deal.
- They are already colored. That was a draw back in my journal because I would have to color or cut paper for every single background. This would be very time consuming and I want every sec I can to enjoy this season.
- The weight is perfect for mix media. I can gesso over it and go to town with whatever I choose.
- The size is great. Granted a little small but during the busy month, small works best because then I am not overwhelmed with having to fill a page.
- I can glue them together so I have a pocket. Having a pocket gives me TONS more room to play with. For days that I am out and about taking a lot of photos, I just print them out and slip them into the pocket. Or if I have a lot to write about that day I can write back and front of a cheap index card. Plus slipping my journaling into the pocket makes it kinda private.
Are you doing a December Daily album? If so, how are you doing yours? Link it below. If not, why not?
Get Messy is becoming a full-fledged art journaling extravaganza and you're invited to the party! We listened to your emails and comments and the Get Messy that you know and love is growing and evolving into an art journaling program. It is for anyone who is a curious beginner or a seasoned artist. There will be prompts, linkups, tutorials, accountability, and resources. And our glorious GM community. Hop over to Lauren or Caylee's blog for more information and make sure you sign up for the Get Messy Newsletter to be the first to know when the program launches and to receive free prompts to work on through the holidays.
Get excited. Because we're about to Get Messy.
[[NOTE: MAKE SURE TO ADD LINK ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!]]
\\ FOLLOW ME //