Thursday, August 14, 2014

Art Journaling Journey


If you follow me on Instagram, then you know it's no surprised that I have been feeling my way around the art community. In March, when I was sick, I took up an art journal style. However, I didn't like the size of the book I was using and quickly abandoned the work. Then in June, I joined in with index-card a day challenge. I found that creating something everyday to be amazing. I loved how freeing it felt. Yet, in July it was over. That's when I really knew that I needed to create. I was incomplete without it. So I started searching for how and what I wanted to do for my art journaling. That lead from pinterest to youtube to instagram.

Somehow on Instagram I started following Caylee Gray and her amazing art journals pages. I was in love with them. Then she put together a group #getmessyartjournal. "Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal."

Well how could agrue with that? I also just happened to pick up an perfect journal to create art in at Barnes and Noble. I knew that joining this group is what I needed. That leads me to something new, a series. Every Thursday I plan on sharing my art journal with all of you, both here and on Flickr.

Sorry for the coloring, trying to get the best for each photo so you can read the words and see detail. To see larger images go to my Flickr. These images were edited using PicMonkeyAffiliated link provided. 



\\ FOLLOW ME //
Email :: IG :: TW :: FB :: G+ :: Pin :: RSS

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love the goodbye summer one

Melissa Marie said...

I love the picture of Alice in Wonderland! So cute! :)

Gracie said...

Wonderful pages!