Saturday, May 25, 2013

Debut-a-Thon June 2013

 I love spending Fridays reading up on all the blogs I missed Tuesday-Thursday. Well, it just so happens that I came across Amber's blog. I see that she is going to be having a Debut-a-Thon. So cool. The books that I will be reading are at the bottom. Now on to your Questions:
What the heck is a Debut-a-Thon?
It's a four day read-a-thon that focuses on debuts. I know, I know, the play on words is awesome. The aim is to get everyone reading - goodbye, reading slumps! - and interacting with one another. I met a few great bloggers while taking part in previous read-a-thons, and I want to meet many more!

Who can join in? Are there any requirements?
This read-a-thon is open to absolutely anybody. You don't have to have a blog, you just need to be able to confirm that you're posting your updates somewhere, whether that be on Twitter, Goodreads, Facebook or Youtube.

As for requirements, the name should say it all. For this read-a-thon, only 2013 debuts count towards your reading goals. Those goals can be anything you wish them to be, but please only list debuts!

Do the debuts have to be Young Adult?
Nope, read any debut you like! I will be focusing on YA because, hello, it's what I read the most of. But you're welcome to dive into Middle Grade or adult!

If you have any recommendations, then you can fill in this form and then I will share the results a bit closer to the event! Recommend as many as you like.

How do I know if a book is a debut?
The YA Debuts 2013 list on Goodreads is very helpful when it comes to YA. There are a few mistakes in there though, so it's best to check the description of whatever book you're curious about. There is also this list which includes MG books as well. 

When will it happen?
The debut-a-thon will start at 12AM on Thursday June 27, and end at 11.59PM on Sunday June 30, no matter what your timezone is. So the Aussies and Kiwis will start earlier than the rest of us, but they'll also finish before us as well.

The end of June seems a bit random... Explain yourself!
I initially just planned on doing a week-long debut event during the final week of June because it's the six month mark (and then again in December). Then, quite randomly, I did Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon and had so much fun that I decided to host my own. And why not coincide it with my debut event?

Okay, so how do I sign up?
Just fill in the form embedded below. All I ask is for your name and your sign up post, tweet, or video. (I need the sign up post to confirm that you're eligible for the giveaway at the end.) Those details will then show up in a spreadsheet. And it's as easy as that! Don't forget to grab one of the buttons that the wonderful Judith went through the trouble of making for me!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask in the comments/on Twitter/via email! And don't forget to recommend your favourite debuts of the year so far. 
-From Amber
So I decided I am going to join on in. I will be using twitter and Goodreads to update when I finish. On Sunday Night, June 30, I am going to post all the books that I read. I also am going to be using the twitter handle #debutathon13 to make it easy. 
One more thing, I am going to list the books I hope to read...
1. A Dying Fall // 2. The Caged Graves // 3. The Painted Girls // 4. Bronze Gods //
5.Clockwork Princess//6.City of a Thousand Dolls//7.Dance of Shadows//8.Eleanor & Park//9.Doll Bones//
10.If You Find Me // 11.Mind Games // 12.Stung // 13.Splintered // 14.The Crooked Branch // 
15.The Mermaid of Brooklyn//16.The Wrap-Up List//17.Tracing Stars//18.Unravel Me //19.Scarlet// 
*Fist 4 aren't really YA but I had a hard time finding debuts.*
*Also, these aren't in any order*

Alright I found 19 books at my library that all debut books. I know I won't get to read all of them cause some are on a waiting list and I don't think I could read 19 in four days but I am going to try. 
Here's to trying.
Are you going to join? Why not?
post signature
P.S. Sorry this post is kinda long...

No comments: