Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Book Ends July 13

July 2013
A post where I talk about all the books I read in the month.
This is probably the last time that I post this. Next month I will be in school and I probably won't be reading much. Plus, I think I am going to start posting my book as I read them. Not as one. But I don't yet. 
Goodreads Summary: Willow knows she's different from other girls, and not just because she loves tinkering with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into the future and know people's dreams and hopes, their sorrows and regrets, just by touching them. she has no idea where this power comes from. But the assassin, Alex, does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows more about Willow than Willow herself does. He knows that her powers link to dark and dangerous forces and that he's one of the few humans left who can fight them. When Alex finds himself falling in love with his sworn enemy, he discovers that nothing is as it seems, least of all good and evil.

My Thoughts: I thought this book was really cute but kinda of innocence like they could just cast off all the bad that was happening. I am curious what happens next.

Rating:  2.5 stars 


Goodreads Summary: Indie Lee Chickory knows she's not as cool as her older sister Bebe. Bebe has more friends, for one. And no one tells Bebe she's a fish freak, for two. So when Indie accidentally brings her pet lobster to school, makes a scene, loses him in the ocean and embarrasses Bebe worse than usual, she makes a wish on a star to become a better Chickory. She tries to do this by joining the stage crew of the community's theater production, The Sound of Music. (Bebe has a starring role.) When things come to a head, Indie realizes that being true to yourself is more important than being cool. But what's even more surprising is that Bebe realizes it, too.

My Thoughts: Very cute. A perfect easy, accept who you are kinda of book.

Rate: 3 Stars. 






Goodreads Summary: Three angels – Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, the youngest and most human – are sent by Heaven to bring good to a world falling under the influence of darkness. They work hard to conceal their luminous glow, superhuman powers, and, most dangerous of all, their wings, all the while avoiding all human attachments. Then Bethany meets Xavier Woods, and neither of them is able to resist the attraction between them. Gabriel and Ivy do everything in their power to intervene, but the bond between Xavier and Bethany seems too strong. The angel’s mission is urgent, and dark forces are threatening. Will love ruin Bethany or save her?

My Thoughts: It was a cute book but there was something I didn't like about it. I just don't know what. I may or may not read the second one.

Rate: 2.5  Stars.
    ❤

Goodreads Summary: Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison. Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.

My Thoughts: Much better then the first one. I really like wolf and Scarlet together. I am curious as to what the next book will be about. To bad the next one doesn't come out til next year. Sadface.


Rate: 4  Stars.




 ❤

Goodreads Summary: When fate brings Clea and this man together, she is stunned by the immediate and powerful connection she feels with him. As they grow closer, they are drawn deep into the mystery behind her father’s disappearance, and they discover the centuries old truth behind their intense bond. Torn by a dangerous love triangle and haunted by a powerful secret that holds their fates, together they race against time to unravel their pasts in order to save their lives—and their futures.

My Thoughts: Very cute but predictable. I also feel like I have read a story like this somewhere...


Rate: 3 Stars.

 ❤

CURRENTLY READING:


I am going through where I want to read a book but I can't seem to finish it. It's not that they are bad or uninteresting, I am just wanting to read so many at one time. I have TONS of book sitting on my shelf calling my name and I have yet to read any of them. I am feeling a little over whelmed with it.  I used to read more then one alot. I guess I'm back into it.  I'll narrow it down, maybe.


P.S. Don't be scared to enter my Blogiversary GIVEAWAY!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Looks like you read a lot of "cute" books this month. The angel one looked interesting to me. That's a different concept. I've never been one to read more than one book at a time, but I've gotten to where I am recently. I guess it's because, like you, I feel like there's so much I want to read.