Proved by Literary Junkies
"Let's learn about each others Reading Habits!!"
1. Amazon or brick and mortar?
- I'd rather go brick and mortar (to a store) but since my wallet can't handle full prices I usually go Amazon, if I have to buy. If want to read, library!
2. Locally owned bookshop or big name chain?
- I would rather go to a locally owned bookstore but to do that means a special trip because they are in the wrong direction.
3. Bookmark or dog-ear?
- "Funny you should ask, Allen" When I was a kid I was the one that dog-eared. I loved it because I could dog-ear it to the exact line that I was reading. Now that I am older (and renting books) I don't do so.
4. Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
- Alphabetize by TITLE after of course my Favorites. They always go first.
5. Keep, throw away, or sell?
- Keep ones that I love, sell ones that I don't and throw away books that shouldn't be alive. I know that last part will get some upset but there a few books that I don't think people should read. Just my option and since they are my books, then yes I can throw them away.
6. Read with dust jacket or remove it?
- I read with my dust jacket on. I use it as my bookmark and that's why I like buying hard back more then paperback.
7. Keep dust jacket or toss it?
- Well if you read number 6 then you should know I KEEP! The dust jacket is an art work of the book.
8. Short story or novel?
- Novel. Short Story are cool for school. Not for me reading.
9. Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)?
- Collection because I like to get to know the author. A short story with one author isn't enough time with that person.
10. Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
- I usually read til a chapter break. Inless I am THAT tried but I try to always stop at a break.
11. “It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
- "It was a dark and stormy night" when Cody discovered the books that start with that line have a much better ending. haha.
12. Buy or borrow?
- Uhhhh... Both. I will borrow but I perfer buy cause I am the girl that underlines/write in the book. Books are like my diaries.
13. New or used?
- I like the smell of new books better but I most of the books I feel in love with are ones I picked up at a thrift store.
14. Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse?
- I usually just browse til I find something or I used to, then goodreads was created. After that I go by what a few of fellow bloggers say. Mostly Rae Guns cause she and I have similar taste.
15. Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
- If you know me I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!! It will automatically ruin any good book for me, unless of course they tie everything up for me in the next book.
16. Morning, afternoon or nighttime reading?
- I prefer before bed reading because it helps keep my nightmares away but I usually read all day.
17. Single volume or series?
- Uh. This is hard. Single if it well written and ties up nicely. If it is a cliffhanger then by the love of books there better be a series.
18. Favorite series?
- I haven't read to many series that I enjoy so
I am currently reading the Caster Chronicles (Beautiful Creatures) and so far so good.
19. Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
- That's easy. Music of Dolphins OR Where the Heart Is. Both are amazing but the second one you may have heard of. My best friend calls it "The Wal-Mart Baby" book. haha.