Monday, October 13, 2014

Committing to Date Day


I usually don’t post tiny happening on this tiny blog because I feel that this blog is a place for me to post ideas and inspire but sometimes it’s nice to share the little things. To me, it’s the little things that matter most. That’s why I want to share with you guys a different kind of post.



I have my grandmas visiting this Wednesday. I will be going to my mother’s and staying for awhile; which means that my posting here might be light for the next few weeks. At the same time my partner will be working a part time job. So it’s going to be a very busy and full week.

Over last week I had a mile long to do list and do you know what I did? I tossed it out. Yup. I did what I had to and that was it. I wanted to soak in what little time I had left before the stress set in. I wanted to enjoy while I could. And I did just that.
On Friday, while James and I were out running errands together, we decided to take time to enjoy too. We made an impromptu picnic and decided that it was really was the little things that matter. We had decided that it was time to for us to be committed a day to go out on date, even a simple walk at the park.


It’s not like we don’t hang out. We are usually glued to each other but we are also doing about a million things; school, homework, job, blog, art, ect. So although we do those activities together, we aren’t enjoying that time. We are just pushing through the day. Committing ourselves to a date would mean that would let the worries, stress and daily to dos all slip away. We would just be two people enjoying, exactly like a date should be.

I plan on sharing more about how I am going to make that commitment become as easy as possible but for now I just wanted to share the idea. To let be known as to why my blogging will be sparse for the next few weeks. 

\\ FOLLOW ME //
Email :: IG :: TW :: FB :: G+ :: Pin :: RSS

1 comment:

Moonofsilver said...

awww, you guys look so cute :) making time to grow and strengthen your relationship is beyond important! I have a hard time "throwing out" my list--but many times I need to because my husband is my number one priority! :)